Hunting down candidates who aren’t a superb match for a place might be troublesome. To find out if you wish to proceed the interview course of steps with a candidate, you possibly can ask them pre-screening interview questions. These can stop you from losing time on a candidate you gained’t ship to your shopper.
What’s a pre-screening interview?
A pre-screening interview is a collection of questions that permits you to be taught extra a couple of candidate earlier than you conduct a extra in depth interview or cross them on to your shopper. The pre-screening questions ask the candidate extra details about their profession objectives, job preferences, skills, data, and extra.
Usually, you solely give the pre-screening questionnaire to candidates you’re extremely fascinated about. It may assist you display out candidates who’re attention-grabbing, however not a superb match for the open place.
The advantages of pre-screening interviews
Pre-interview questions might help you collect details about candidates they didn’t checklist on their resumes. Candidate solutions assist you be sure that your candidates are the perfect match for the place.
The preliminary interview questions can scale back the variety of questions and the period of time you spend in later candidate interviews. This might finally enhance the candidate expertise in recruitment. You’ll be able to take away candidates who aren’t good matches.
Pre-interview inquiries to ask candidates
No two units of pre-screening interview questions are the identical. There isn’t an accurate checklist of questions to make use of. You need to create an inventory of questions that works greatest for you. The questions ought to align with what you wish to find out about candidates.
There additionally isn’t an ordinary size for pre-interview questionnaires. You’ll be able to ask as few or as many questions as you need. Keep in mind, the questionnaire is supposed to assemble further particulars about candidates earlier than you absolutely interview them. The questionnaire shouldn’t be supposed to switch a full interview.
Your questionnaire will possible take candidates half-hour or much less to finish. Whether it is too lengthy, some candidates won’t full it.
Beneath is an inventory of pre-interview inquiries to ask candidates. You don’t have to make use of the precise questions listed right here. That is simply that will help you make your individual checklist.
Additionally, you possibly can modify the questions or give directions so candidates should use various kinds of solutions. You’ll be able to have candidates provide you with quick solutions, lengthy solutions, or ranked lists.
- What skilled duties do you excel at?
- What data areas are your strongest? What may you be taught extra about?
- Do you’ve every other expertise or data that may be useful however aren’t in your resume?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses? How are you going to overcome them?
- How are you going to apply your expertise and data to this job?
- What are your skilled objectives?
- What would you wish to be doing in three years?
- What are your objectives for additional skilled growth?
- What does the proper supervisor appear to be to you?
- How do you favor to be managed?
- What usually frustrates you most about managers?
- What management expertise are your strongest? Your weakest?
- How are your interpersonal expertise?
- What usually frustrates you most about jobs?
- How would you describe your work fashion?
- What does a standard day at your present job appear to be?
- What’s one thing you want you had finished in a different way at your earlier job?
- What are three of your profession accomplishments to date?
- What makes a job enjoyable?
- What do you dislike about your present or earlier job?
- Why did you give up your final job? Or, why do you wish to depart your present job?
- Have you ever utilized anyplace else?
- Has one other enterprise made you a proposal not too long ago?
- What are you in search of in a job?
- What do you wish to get out of this job?
- What’s the minimal beginning wage you’ll settle for?
- When are you able to begin work if you’re employed?
- Are you able to present a pattern of your work?
The best way to conduct a pre-screening interview
You’ll be able to conduct the pre-screening interview by asking questions over the cellphone or by having candidates fill out a type.
Take notes in regards to the interview. Should you learn the questions over the cellphone, you possibly can take notes through the interview. Should you do a survey-style questionnaire, you possibly can take notes in regards to the responses after you obtain them.
You can too use an interview scorecard to assessment the solutions and examine how nicely every candidate matches the open place.
After you’ve the pre-screening interview outcomes and your notes, retailer them in your recruiting software program. This may assist you keep organized and bear in mind what every candidate stated.