Constructing a sturdy expertise pipeline is one factor. Leveraging stated pipeline by unearthing already-qualified candidates in your database — and lowering the necessity for outbound outreach — is one other.
Simply ask Talend. The cloud data-integration firm has a large pool of prime expertise archived in Lever.
Utilizing LeverTRM as its main ATS and CRM answer permits Talend’s expertise acquisition crew to simply determine potential hires it already is aware of. That features “silver-medalist” candidates.
Who’re silver-medalist candidates?
Silver-medalist candidates (a.ok.a. runner-up or silver-medal candidates) are people who made it to the ultimate spherical of a hiring course of however misplaced out to “gold medalists” (i.e., those that acquired the roles).
Some firms overlook all about these silver medalists after they rent new staff.
However many recruiters well keep in contact with these people. Why? As a result of new job alternatives will ultimately open up down the road for which these former candidates may very well be excellent suits.
Give it some thought:
- With net-new sourced candidates, recruiters can be taught vital particulars about them (e.g., profession pursuits and ambitions, particular ability units, previous and present jobs). Nonetheless, this recruitment course of — from gathering primary information about their job search to truly interviewing prime expertise — is commonly time- and labor-intensive.
- With silver-medalist candidates, recruiters can faucet into wealthy notes, insights, context, and different knowledge they have already got saved about previous job-seekers they interviewed. Every little thing from intel on their candidate expertise to which hiring managers thought they had been an excellent match for the preliminary function in query is obtainable to recruiters and different stakeholders charged with making future hiring selections.
Sourcing new candidates will all the time be part of your recruiting efforts.
At this time’s most profitable expertise administration methods, although, entail going again to the nicely to see if almost-hired candidates in a single’s database match the invoice for current and upcoming openings.
Why Talend turns to silver medalists in its expertise database
Let’s return to Talend. The corporate confronted just a few key challenges with its hiring efforts previous to onboarding LeverTRM. Notably, the rising cloud-integration enterprise wanted to:
Concerning this final purpose, Talend was decided to leverage its sturdy expertise pipeline.
“The mindset we’re growing on our crew is, after we spend money on a candidate … [they go] by way of the method and we get to know this individual,” stated Talend VP of Expertise Acquisition Lance Sapera.
“In the event that they find yourself being employed, nice,” Sapera famous. “In the event that they don’t, however we see them as an excellent match for expertise sooner or later, how can we keep related with them and have them readily identifiable?”
With LeverTRM, Talend created a complete database of prime expertise, together with silver medalists.
Talend created customized tags so its TA crew might effectively filter by way of candidates. One such tag — “Think about for Future Roles” — made it easy for the enterprise to look by way of these candidates’ historical past and makes it simple to nurture a relationship with these people.
Simply as importantly, although, the corporate can now overview the historic data related to this expertise in a matter of minutes and decide which, if any, candidates are price revisiting.
“We had one individual be a part of who was a silver medalist 3 times,” Talend International Folks Advertising and marketing Supervisor Jon Hehir indicated. “[He was a] nice candidate who didn’t fairly match any of the roles we had accessible [at the time]. We had been trustworthy with him, and we labored collectively to determine if something was the best match.”
Jon added Talend wound up nurturing a relationship with this specific silver-medalist candidate for 2 years. The corporate finally created a brand new function that was excellent for him.
Speed up your time to fill with silver-medalist candidates
On the finish of the day, LeverTRM was (and stays) vital to Talend’s long-term candidate-nurturing method. Our natively built-in ATS and CRM capabilities has helped the enterprise:
- Velocity up its common time to fill by 32 days — 46% quicker than earlier than it used LeverTRM
- Enhance the response price for its EEO and International Range Survey to 91% in 2021
- Fill three-quarters of its roles from current expertise in its pipeline — together with 23 a number of silver-medalist candidates — over the previous couple of years
LeverTRM helps firms like Talend enhance a number of essential expertise acquisition metrics: from time to fill and rent and conversion from recruiter display screen to supply acceptance price.
However our platform additionally eases the every day sourcing burden on trendy TA groups, as they will construct an in depth expertise pool and higher relationships with candidates they already know.
So, you’ve seen how one enterprise takes benefit of LeverTRM. However the query stays:
- How can your TA crew rediscover prime expertise with ease and, on the similar time, reduce your reliance on outbound outreach on social media, neighborhood boards, and different go-to sourcing avenues?
The reply is twofold:
- Consider your current ATS and, in case you have it, CRM to find out in case you can capably (and rapidly) determine silver-medalist candidates and nurture them with clever automation.
- In case your present techniques lack these capabilities — and, in flip, your recruiters are required to continually supply outbound candidates, revamp your tech stack by including a whole expertise acquisition suite with ATS and CRM capabilities like Lever.
It’s solely when you could have such an answer that lets you craft personalised, considerate e mail nurtures; measure the success of your outreach to silver medalists (and different candidates of curiosity in your database); and optimize accordingly based mostly on that knowledge which you can scale your recruiting efforts and meet your quotas.
Be taught extra about how Talend makes use of LeverTRM to construct long-term candidate relationships, make the most of its appreciable expertise pipeline, and determine silver medalists to comply with up with for current and upcoming roles.