When expertise acquisitions leaders have been strategizing for 2020 they may not have anticipated the speedy adjustments that will happen within the candidate market. On March eleventh 2020, the World Well being Group formally proclaimed COVID-19 a worldwide pandemic and the business noticed a sudden shift within the job market.
The demand for staff in healthcare, shopper items and logistics jumped throughout Europe and the USA. This was inflated by the knock-on results of a lift in on-line buying, shopping for in bulk and rising instances of COVID-19. For the expertise acquisition lead it meant all the things deliberate, together with the go-to playbook, was thrown out the window. Communication with job seekers and candidates was now extra necessary than ever.
In preparation for the inflow of corona queries, enterprises equivalent to Airbus, McDonald’s, Deutsche Telekom and different purchasers utilised their recruitment chatbot to automate communication with job seekers and candidates by creating coronavirus classes.
Job Seeker Research Outcomes
6 weeks after the announcement, jobpal’s knowledge analysts gathered all 600 COVID-19 associated questions that job seekers have been asking with the intention to acquire a greater understanding of their habits. These are the outcomes:
- 47% of chatbot finish customers wished to know concerning the firm’s response to COVID-19. With queries equivalent to “What are you doing to guard your staff from COVID-19?” and “How are you coping with the Corona disaster?”
- 23% of chatbot end-users had hiring-related queries equivalent to “What will occur with my software attributable to corona?” and “Can I apply regardless of Corona?”.
- 11% of chatbot end-users requested interview associated questions equivalent to “Will my interview be impacted by coronavirus?” and “Do all candidates get a brand new appointment for exams and video interviews?”.
- 10% of chatbot end-users requested a variety of different questions that surrounded the enterprise somewhat than round hiring equivalent to “How do I get meals from you regardless of COVID-19?” and “When do you shut due to coronavirus?”.
- 7% of chatbot end-users wished to know extra details about the COVID-19 virus itself and had queries equivalent to “I’m fearful about COVID-19 what ought to I do?” and “Give me data on corona”.
- 2% of chatbot end-users requested about what’s going to occur after the COVID-19 disaster – “Will you rent after the coronavirus?”.
Learnings from the Job Seeker Research
What’s an attention-grabbing takeaway is the amount of queries in sure areas. For instance, firm response is sort of half of the entire queries registered. This reveals that job seekers throughout the board are more than likely to ask questions concerning the firm’s response to the pandemic. It’s clear that to see the necessity to talk the enterprise’ stance on COVID-19 is a should.
Hiring associated queries take up 23% of the dataset – an attention-grabbing end result which may inform us loads concerning the candidate market. It may very well be that the amount of the queries pertains to the considerations on the forefront of the job seekers thoughts. Stability and safety might see much less motion in job roles as talks of financial downturn proceed.
“Can I do a video interview as a substitute of a standard interview?” – video interview questions populate a big portion of the 11% interview associated questions. It’s no secret that interviews made the transfer to digital platforms over March, and it may very well be seen as the brand new regular for candidates and recruiters. One other speculation round this class is that almost all of these asking questions are candidates who’re already within the pipeline.
The “Different” class consists of queries that relate to enterprise operations. This might counsel that even when a job seeker is inquiring a few place they will additionally ask concerning the enterprise from a shopper perspective. In an analogous gentle, 7% of queries concerning the Coronavirus will also be perceived from a shopper standpoint. Publish-COVID 19 makes up the smallest portion of the queries, which may inform us that in that interval only a few job seekers might see previous the pandemic.
Conversational AI know-how equips expertise acquisition groups with the power to speak successfully of their employer manufacturers’ tonality 24/7. Consequently, automating this a part of the hiring course of supplies the TA workforce’s time-back to give attention to extra pressing duties, retrieve knowledge insights from their candidates and improve engagement. Automation’s capability to drive efficiency in recruitment and time-saving capabilities is without doubt one of the explanation why the demand for AI in recruitment has shot as much as 36% in 2020, in comparison with 7% in 2019.