Are you a freelance writer looking to create a resume that will help you stand out from the competition? Crafting an effective freelance writer resume can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right approach, you can create a resume that will showcase your skills and experience in a way that will make you stand out from the crowd. In this article, we’ll provide you with six steps to help you create an effective freelance writer resume. We’ll cover topics such as how to format your resume, what to include, and how to make sure your resume stands out. By the end of this article, you’ll have the tools you need to create a resume that will help you land the freelance writing job of your dreams.
Freelance Writer Resume Template
To use my writing and research skills to produce impactful writing for a variety of clients in a freelance capacity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
• Adaptable to all writing styles and genres
• Comprehensive knowledge of APA and MLA formatting
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Passion for research and fact-checking
Freelance Writer, ABC Company, Anytown, USA (2018-present)
• Write articles and blog posts for a variety of clients
• Develop SEO-friendly content for websites
• Research and fact-check all content to ensure accuracy
• Stay up-to-date on current trends and best practices for writing
Bachelor of Arts in English, Anytown University, Anytown, USA (2014-2018)
• Graduated with honors
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Captained the debate team
Awards and Honors
• John Smith Award for Outstanding Writing, Anytown University (2018)
• National Honor Society, Anytown University (2014-2018)
How to Craft an Effective Freelance Writer Resume: 6 Essential Steps
1. Start with a Professional Summary: A professional summary is a great way to start your freelance writer resume. It should be a brief overview of your experience and qualifications, and should include any awards or recognition you have received.
2. Highlight Your Skills: Make sure to highlight the skills that make you a great freelance writer. This could include things like SEO knowledge, copywriting, research, and editing.
3. Include Your Experience: Include any relevant experience you have in the freelance writing field. This could include any freelance writing jobs you have held, as well as any publications you have been featured in.
4. Showcase Your Portfolio: Showcase your portfolio of work to demonstrate your writing skills. This could include samples of your work, as well as links to any published pieces.
5. List Your Education: List any relevant education you have, such as a degree in English or journalism.
6. Include Your Contact Information: Make sure to include your contact information, such as your email address and phone number. This will make it easier for potential employers to reach out to you.
Crafting a Standout Freelance Writer Resume: Tips and Tricks
Are you a freelance writer looking to stand out from the competition? Crafting a standout resume is essential to getting noticed and landing the job. Here are some tips and tricks to help you create a resume that will make you stand out from the crowd.
1. Highlight Your Skills and Experience: Make sure to highlight your skills and experience in your resume. Include any relevant writing experience, such as published articles, blog posts, or other writing samples. Also, be sure to list any special skills you have, such as SEO knowledge, copywriting, or social media marketing.
2. Showcase Your Writing Style: Showcase your writing style in your resume. Include samples of your work that demonstrate your writing style and tone. This will help potential employers get a better idea of your writing abilities.
3. Use Keywords: Use keywords in your resume to help employers find you. Include words that are related to the type of writing you do, such as “freelance writer” or “copywriter.” This will help employers find your resume more easily.
4. Keep It Professional: Make sure to keep your resume professional. Avoid using slang or informal language, and make sure to proofread your resume for any typos or errors.
5. Include Your Contact Information: Make sure to include your contact information in your resume. Include your name, email address, phone number, and website (if you have one). This will make it easier for employers to contact you.
By following these tips and tricks, you can create a standout freelance writer resume that will help you stand out from the competition. Good luck!
Crafting an effective freelance writer resume is an important step in the process of becoming a successful freelance writer. By following the six steps outlined in this article, you can create a resume that will help you stand out from the competition and get the attention of potential employers. With a well-crafted resume, you can showcase your skills and experience and demonstrate why you are the best candidate for the job.